Starting Nursery in September
Upcoming Nursery Events
12/09 Reception and Nursery pupils return
Reading is so much fun.
Please bring in your book bags every day.
We change them on Mondays and Thursdays.
How you can help at home
Learning at home really makes a difference.
Spend at least 10 minutes each day reading with your child. Use the pictures. Who is wearing green..? Where did they go..? How did they fix the problem..?
Learning opportunities are everywhere. When you are out walking or shopping, play games together. Find a number, look for a road sign, listen for birds or other familiar sounds.
Children love to play outside. At Cayley, we go outside in all weathers. Don’t let the weather put you off from getting outside. Take a walk along the canal, feed the ducks, play ball games. Keeping active is key for a healthy life-style, so give it a try.
Changes will happen throughout your child’s time at school. Some will be easy and some harder. Changes can affect both your child and the rest of the family. With the right support at home and school you can help your child to successfully negotiate these changes.
No matter what age your child is, some element of coping with change will be just the same. These top tips are beneficial to children of all ages.
- Talk positively about coming to Nursery and give them time to adjust.
- Ask about your child’s day and show an interest in what they have been doing.
- Change means leaving something behind—being away from home, and missing mum. Talk with your child about the routine of going to school, and when you will return.
- Try to maintain meal times and other home routines so that change elsewhere is minimised.
- Help our child be as independent as possible by being able to say that they need the toilet, use the toilet independently, and eat independently (including using a fork and spoon).
- Encourage your child to share with others
- Create opportunities for your child to interact and play with other children.
- Longer days at school can be tiring; help your child by given them a good night’s sleep and a healthy breakfast.
Early Years Prospectus
Cayley Primary School is a creative, inspirational, happy school where our nurturing community supports all children to flourish.
Situated in the heart of Stepney, East London, we are fully inclusive school which serves a diverse community and are proud of the languages, cultures and traditions that we share and celebrate.